Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Social Networking Sites

Over the past week I have visited the following social networking sites- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. I've personally used Facebook since I was in middle school and probably spend the most time on it. Facebook has been my to go to for communication, information, and also entertainment. I for the most part use twitter during special events for moment to moment updates. For example, I went to the Meadows music festival last October and I used twitter to keep to dates on performers and festival updates by following hashtags. I use Instagram to follow my friends, but to also look up restaurants and pictures of their food. I use it in combination with Yelp to find the best places. I also use it to keep up with some of my favorite celebrities! I find Instagrams are usually run by the celebrities themselves and not their publicists. LinkedIn I use for professional networking. I was told by many people that it's beneficial to use LinkedIn as a way to keep up with professionals and keep track of my own network. Another bonus would be that there are a plethora of helpful and insightful articles on my newsfeed from people that I am linked with. Overall, all four social networking sites are very different and serve different purposes. However, I do find them all to be very helpful on the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment