Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Blog about Twitter

I think that a Twitter discussion feels a lot more personable compared to a Blackboard or an in-class discussion. I think this way because for Twitter, you reply to people specifically that people can see publicly. Since I get the notification straight to my phone, we can have actual conversations compared to a blackboard comment, that I wouldn't know if someone replied to me or not unless I went out of my way to check. As for in-class discussions, many of those are set in an academic environment that requires a thoughtful answer that will be judged by your peers. On Twitter, the atmosphere is much lighter and much more informal. This way people are more comfortable with sharing their opinions and liking/retweeting things. I think that is valuable to have.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your opinion, Soo Jin, that Twitter is more of a personal exchange than Blackboard or in class discussions. An academic setting can stifle expression, where Twitter can be a truly open forum and as you said a free-flowing conversation can exist with mobile alerts and using the Twitter app to tweet and reply to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your points about Twitter being a better form of discussion compared to a Blackboard discussion. The fact that Twitter is more accessible and notifies you compared to Blackboard where you need to log into your account and open your course discussion board to check makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with our fellow classmates and you! I didn't even think about the part where Twitter notifies you of comments, whereas blackboard doesn't. Knowing millennials these days, we are constantly checking our phone, even if it's just someone's comment on your post. Although there is an app for Blackboard, it definitely isn't as efficient and user-friendly as Twitter would be in starting a discussion.

    ReplyDelete